Looking to get a head start on your next software interview? Pickup a copy of the best book to prepare: Cracking The Coding Interview!
After your interview, you will often be asked if you have any other questions by your interviewer. This is a good opportunity for you to establish your interest in the position by asking relevant follow up questions. A good series of questions to ask can be inspired by the Joel Test. Good questions to ask include:
- What version control software do you use (Git, Perforce ect.)
- Do you have automated daily/ on-change builds (i.e Jenkins)
- What do you use for project tracking (JIRA, Pivotal Tracker ect.)
- Do you have a dedicated Q/A team/testers or automated tests?
- Do your projects have specs/ clear requirements?
Simply asking the right questions after your interview can help you stand our from your peers.