In this post, we will be giving an overview into Pericror’s new Iframe Detector Chrome Extension. The extension notifies you with the number of iframes found on a given page, and allows you to delete iframes detected. Iframe detection occurs after the current page has fully loaded and the extension queries the current page’s DOM for all iframe tags. After installing the extension, the extension will behave depending on the number of iframes detected on the current page:
Looking to get a head start on your next software interview? Pickup a copy of the best book to prepare: Cracking The Coding Interview!
- Before Iframe Detection Occurs
- When the page has not loaded yet, a blue ‘?’ appears next to the extension icon. Iframe detection will not occur until after the page has fully loaded.
- No Iframes Detected
- When no iframes have been detected, a green ‘0’ appears next to the extension icon.
- Iframes Detected
- When iframes have been detected, a red number indicating the number of iframes detected appears next to the extension icon.
- You can click the extension icon for more information on the iframes detected:
- The following diagram details the various parts of the extension dialogue:
A video overview of the extension has also been uploaded to our youtube channel.